TENNSMITH’sSBS folders are fast, highly durable and ready to meet your metalforming needs for years to come.
The SBS Series sheet metal folders incorporate a twin motor drive system for the folding beam. This allows the system to be fast and extremely accurate. Bending speeds up to 90 degrees per second are easily achieved. Another advantage to this system is maintenance. Unlike with a chain drive system, there are no adjustments needed.
For maximum hemming capacity, another strong feature of the TENNSMITH SBS Series, Metal Folding Machine, is the center drive of the clamping system. The placement of the motor in the center of the machine maximizes power while reducing torque loss through the drive shaft. The benefit is a hemming capacity of 20 gauge for the SBS12614 and 22 gauge for the SBS15016.
The back gauge for the SBS Series features a twin ball screw design. The system is fast and extremely accurate. All three drive systems of the SBS Series: Folding Beam, Clamping Beam and Back Gauge are controlled by frequency inverters, giving the machine great accuracy.
Another noticeable feature of the SBS series is the large 17-inch graphical touch screen display. The larger screen allows easy viewing of the touch screen program.
The brains behind the touch screen are cutting edge. Designed for harsh environments, the SBS control system will work with ease in any climate. The system features Flash memory for both the PLC and PC. This means if anything should happen to your system you can be up and running the next day without the need of on site programming of replacement parts. All machine information is stored on the Flash drives.
The key to the SBS metal folder machine design is serviceability. Every element and feature is easily maintained and serviced. We feel so strongly about our design that the SBS Series carries a Three-Year Factory Warranty.
The SBS12614 will handle 14-gauge mild steel, 16-gauge stainless up to 126 inches in bending length. The SBS15016 will handle 16-gauge mild steel, 18-gauge stainless up to 150 inches in bending length.
Please contact TENNSMITH for a complete listing of optional equipment.
SBS control features:
- 17 Inch Touch Screen Monitor
- Graphical Programming of Profiles
- Over 300 Standard Profiles (Included)
- Unlimited Program Storage
- Search Function of the SBS Library for Easy Profile Selection
- Unlimited Folder Creation for Saving Individual Jobs and Customer Profiles
- Bend Simulation of the Part
- Hemming Macros for Open, Closed, Teardrop, and No-Bend Inserts
- Radius Macro for Complex bending of different Radii (Cornice Work etc.)
- Automatic Calculation of Radius Bends
- Selection between Bump and Wing Bending of Radius Profiles
- Parts Counter
- Inch/Metric Conversions
- Automatic Blank Calculation
- Independent Bend Compensation
- Material Spring Back Compensation Tables
- Independent Profile Notes
- Automatic Easy to follow Material Handling Instruction Icons (Flip, Rotate etc.)
- Easy Edit of Part Profiles
- USB Memory Drive for both the PLC and PC
- Microsoft Windows XP Platform using Microsoft.Net Framework
- Offline Programming (Included) for Remote Programming of the Machine